Biotin Benefits Through Foods
With the recipe below, you’re sure to enjoy a plate that will swoop you on a cuisine-inspired adventure that is not only scrumptious, but very good for you as well.
People are slowly becoming more aware of and worried about their health. We’re all attempting to consume as many items rich in minerals and vitamins required within the body each and every day. Vitamin b7, popularly called biotin, is one of these vitamins we require on a daily basis to help provide us with enough energy.
This Greek chicken liver recipe promises to not only fill you up with needed quantities of vitamin b7 and other important minerals and vitamins, but will take your taste buds on a tantalizing journey to the Greek Isles without leaving the comfort of your kitchen.
- 1 lb of eggplant, sliced just about ½ inch thickness
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (any kind of oil can do)
- 4 tablespoons (half a stick) of butter or margarine
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken liver, cut and washed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon of crushed basil leaf
- 1 can of condensed chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, ripe, peeled, cut
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
HOW TO PREPARE
- Blend 3 tbsp of salt and flour
- Coat the eggplant with this mix and place aside onto a platter
- On a large frying pan, combine oil and 2 tbsp of butter and sauté your eggplant for about three minutes or up until desired “doneness” of the eggplant is attained
- Take one of your serving dishes and align the pan-fried eggplant pieces with overlapping edges
- Set eggplant aside
- In the same pan, add what’s left of the butter and saute onions and chicken livers until browned and cooked. This will likely take no more than 6 minutes to cook.
- Add remaining flour and sprinkle with crumbled basil leaf
- Add chicken broth and allow to cook further
- Keep on medium heat until mixture thickens and boils. This step should only take around one minute
- Add the tomatoes and cover the pan
- Lower heat and let it simmer for just about five minutes
- When serving, spoon the liver mix in the middle of the plated eggplants and you are now ready to chow down.
Biotin benefits our bodies and is essential in promoting cell respiration, a process in which stored food is converted into energy by our cells to keep us energized all day long. There are lots of foods out there wherein biotin is adequately supplied. Meat liver is one food which is highly adequate with biotin.
Source by Chloe Prichards